Painter and Decorator Warrington
01925 988934

Call Now for A Free Quote

Mon - Sat: 9am - 6pm

Fast and Clean Service

Penketh

Penketh is a parish, one of the suburb districts of Warrington. Its location is approximately 5km west of Warrington center. It is often referred to as Lancashire’s ancient county. Penketh, before being a separate Parish, was alongside Sankey Bridges, a branch of Prescot parish. Its rapid growth from a rural l and agricultural area was as a result of the construction of Sankey bridge as it brought about the establishment of boatyards and Tanneries.

Before the reorganization of local Government in 1974, Penketh was seen as a district under Warrington rural area. However, after the reorganization, it has been recognised as part of the United Kingdom Parliament from the constituency of Warrington South.

Before the advent of Fiddles Power Station, the Tannery and Boatyards were the industries through which Penketh generated most of its revenue.

As regards the education sector, Penketh is not lagging behind as it has two major secondary schools; Penketh High School, St Gregory Catholic High School and a plethora of primary schools, some of which are : Penketh South Primary School, St Vincent Catholic Primary school, St Joseph’s Catholic primary school.

Penketh also boasts of great spots for relaxation as the major pubs are :The crown and Cushion, The Red Lion and The Ferry Tavern.

The major means of Transportation in Penketh is through railways or roads. The railway stations are connected from Penketh to Sankey and Liverpool while the Buses usually ply the axis of Warrington Town center, Huyton and Liverpool. However, the closest airport to Penketh is found in Manchester and Liverpool.

According to the last census count, its Population was 8,699 with 7,340 residents and household numbering up to 2,993. The females make up 52% of the entire population while males make up the remaining 48%. Penketh 98.3% population are of white race while 0.6% are of mixed origin and 0.1% are black race.

Starting from Penketh High School located at Heath Rd, Penketh, Warrington WA5 2BY, United Kingdom head southeast via Warrington Rd/A562 to Penketh South Primary School & Nursery located at Finlay Ave, Penketh, Warrington WA5 2PN, United Kingdom

From Penketh South Primary School & Nursery head southwest via A562 and Widnes Rd/A562 to Penketh Fire Station located at Widnes Rd, Warrington WA5 2UN, United Kingdom

From Penketh Fire Station head northeast via Widnes Rd/A562 and Stocks Ln to Penketh Primary School located at Coniston Ave, Penketh, Warrington WA5 2QY, United Kingdom

From Penketh Primary School head northeast via Meeting Ln to Penketh Police Station located at Meeting Ln, Penketh, Warrington WA5 2BG, United Kingdom

From Penketh Police Station head east via Heath Rd to Penketh High School located at Heath Rd, Penketh, Warrington WA5 2BY, United Kingdom

Call Now ButtonCall For Free Quote